Welcome to Canberra’s popular and leading Indian Dance school ~ Canberra School of Bollywood Dancing (CSBD) ~ that has been creating a vibrant bollywood atmosphere in Canberra for the past 10 years.
The schools aim is to help promote health, fitness thru dancing. Classes are aimed at beginners to advance level and the dedicated and experienced team of 8 instructors conduct classes in seven locations across Canberra in professional dance studios, catering for adults and children. Classes are held at Belconnen, Civic, Tuggernong, Woden, Gunghalin, ANU and UC campus. The school’s focus is on fun group lessons with dance routines choreographed to suit all participants.
Canberra Times article about CSBD – ( Click here->) Article on Canberra Times about CSBD
Why join CSBD ?
- Do you want to get active or keep fit but dont like the gym?
- Do you enjoy foot tapping music?
- Do you like to meet new people?
- Get an awesome workout and sweat at the end of the class ?
- Participate in an activity by yourself, with friends, or as a family?
If you answer YES to any of these questions, you’ve come to the right place.If you’re not sure if Bollywood dance is for you take advantage of attending an obligation free class before enrolling. There’s a venue near you.
Some Bollywood performance by CSBD in the last 10 years:
- 2007 & 2008 – Kanga Cup Opening Ceremony at Australian Institute of Sports (AIS) arena (for an audience of about 5000 – Kanga Cup is Australia’s oldest and biggest youth football tournament)
- 2008 – National Student Forum Conference dinner get together
- 2008 – Women’s Day Awards Function celebration
- 2007 – 2015 – Australian National University (ANU) Bollywood nights and student dance nights
- 2007 – 2015 – Proud partner of the Australian National University (ANU) lifestyle program
- 2007 – 2015 – Indian and multicultural festivals across Canberra
- 2007 –2015- India Australia Association Of Canberra ( Indian Independence day, Indian festivals)
- 2013 – Australian Capital Territory Centenary Multicultural Award finalist
- 2015 – Bollywood movie dance shoot in Canberra
- Charity fundraising gala balls ( Heartkids, Kids with Cancer Foundation, Spirit of Wipro Run, Fundraiser Dinner for Orphanage -Sri Lanka, etc)
- Corporate Dinner Dance Balls
- Bollywood workshops in Canberra, Sydney, Liverpool, Wollongong
- Media Launches
- WIN TV News – About bollywood in Canberra
- ABC radio, ABC News and SBS TV
- Hens classes and wedding performances
End of year mega bollywood productions:
The highlight of each year is the school’s end of year performance. You don’t have to participate, but it’s a great way to meet students from the other venues, get dressed up in colorful costumes and jewellery as seen in Bollywood movies.
Links to some of our productions held at the Canberra Theatre: ( Please click on title)
- Dum Dum bollywood routine in Canberra, Australia
- Dhoom Tana Bollywood dance in Canberra, Australia
- 1st ever Bollywood Flash mob in Canberra by our school
- 2015 concert photos
- on ABC news, Students performing for a bollywood movie dance shoot
Contact us on Canberrabollywood@bigpond.com to book your place or for an obligation free quote.We provide exceptional Bollywood dancers for corporate and sporting events, business functions and special events. We can help bring alive the function by providing vibrant, toe tapping dance performance to any functions.
CSBD popular FUN Bollywood Workshops:
Inquire today about our popular workshops that everyone keeps raving about! We get the audience /guest involved and teach them some fun bollywood moves to music. The workshop is a fun way to get everyone involved and make the event an enjoyable family fun filled day. CSBD has conducted many workshops for the past 10 years at Government Departments, Balls, Corporate events, Festivals, Embassies and it has always been a crowd pleaser and a huge hit with the audience. This could be your team building exercise for your next team bounding session!